An itchy scalp shampoo, is a shampoo that is effective against itching and other scalp conditions, such as flaking, inflammatory and redness. This itchy feeling can quickly turn into a feeling, which makes you scratch. When you scratch or rub on your scalp, the condition can worsen. In this blog you can read about several scalp conditions and the way to treat an itchy scalp with effective ingredients and products.
Most scalp conditions lead to hair loss or some type of skin rash. Many are hereditary. Malnutrition or infection can also cause scalp conditions. The treatment depends on the condition that’s causing the scalp problems. Below we have summoned a couple of important scalp conditions according to Healthline (2022).
- Hair loss is a hair condition that can affect the scalp if the hair follicles are destroyed. There will grow no new hairs than and you suffer from baldness. If the hair follicles are still well, than you might suffer from alopecia or effluvium. Neofollics has a solution for this a special treatment.
- Seborrheic dermatitis is a skin and scalp condition, that is painless and is not itchy from itself. The scales are greasy and appear on the scalp and forehead. These scales will in time flake off.
- Psoriasis typically results in scaly and silvery skin patches. It can be really itchy and there can be inflammation. Psoriasis is not only on the scalp but also on the elbows, knees and lower back.
- Tinea capitis is a fungal infection that affects your scalp and hair shafts. It often is itchy and flaky. Another impacts that can result from tinea capitis are brittle hair, hair loss, pain on the scalp, low fever and swollen lymph’s.
- Head lice are small wingless insects about the size of a sesam seed. Lice and eggs can be visible in your hair. They can cause extreme scalp itchiness and by some people to an allergic reaction. When you scratch you worsen the condition and sores may appear.
- Lichen planopilarus is a disorder that is uncommon. It affects the skin on various parts of the body. Itchy, purplish-coloured lesions or bumps with flat tops appear that may be covered by thin, white lines.
How develops an itchy scalp
An itchy scalp can be the cause of seborrheic dermatitis, psoriasis, tinea capitis, dandruff or head lice. The first thing you should do is ask someone to control your hair condition, because you might have head lice. In that case you need to use a shampoo that is effective against this small insect. But if you suffer from another condition it is important to understand how the itchy feeling develops itself.
The scalp is rich in oil-producing glands, seborrheic dermatitis can affect this glands. There will appear scales and these can make your scalp to itch. When you have dandruff your body responses to yeast overgrowth. This reaction will cause your skin to get dry, flaky and to itch. For mild dandruff we can provide you with an effective shampoo against dandruff.
To understand why your body feels itchy, you have to understand that it is an immune response, triggered by histamine which is a chemical in the body. There are several types of itch.
Which is an Pruriceptive itch; due to an allergic reaction, inflammation or dryness.
Neuropathic itch; caused by damage to the nervous system. Usually you feel sensations of numbness and tingling. This itch often occurs after a stroke or burn injury.
Neurogenic itch; is seen in chronic liver and kidney diseased in respond to opioid neuropeptides.
Psychogenic itch; appears in response to several chemicals, that can influence stress, depression and delusion.
If you suffer from itch on the scalp it is often, due to pruriceptive itch.
How to treat your itchy scalp
You can treat your itchy scalp from home with effective products. Neofollics has developed a ‘Scalp Therapy Line’, especially for dandruff, seborrheic dermatitis, eczema and itching of the scalp. It consists out of two products with several effective ingredients. Neofollics does not use sulphates, silicones or parabens in their products, something other companies use often in their supplements or lotions. Our vision on this is that we want to provide you with healthy products, which improve your health on the scalp for a long time.
Itchy scalp shampoo
The Scalp Therapy Exfoliating Shampoo from Neofollics Hair Technology is the most effective shampoo for the improvement of the scalp. It combats dandruff, flakes and itching and is effective in scalp conditions such as Seborrheic Eczema and Psoriasis. The shampoo gently exfoliates the scalp and removes impurities like dandruff and flakes. It contains a broad spectrum of ingredients with anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial activity. At the same time the shampoo contains soothing natural oils to treat and calm the scalp.
In addition the treatment for healthy scalp from Neofollics Hair Technology is the most effective treatment, that also consists out of a nourishing mask. It combats dandruff, flakes and itching and is effective in scalp conditions such as Seborrheic Eczema and Psoriasis. The treatment gently exfoliates the scalp and removes impurities like dandruff and flakes. It contains a broad spectrum of ingredients with anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial activity. At the same time the shampoo contains soothing natural oils to treat and calm the scalp. The Neofollics
Treatment for Healthy Scalp is perfect for any man or woman who wants to:
- improve the condition of the scalp- reduce inflammation and prevent dandruff and itching
- exfoliate and clean the scalp from impurities and flakes
An itchy scalp can be annoying. This can be the result of various conditions such as dandruff, seborrheic dermatitis, head lice and tinea capitis. It is important to consider what causes the itching and how to treat it. Neofollics has found the best solution: the exfoliating shampoo and nourishing mask that are effective for a healthy scalp.