Before our hair pops out of our scalp it is actually completely white. It gets its colour from a group of pigment molecules called melanin. Melanin determines our hair colour, skin colour and even eye colour. There are two types of melanin: Eumelanin that produce dark shades and Pheomelanin that produce light shades. The proportion of these two types determines our hair colour. How does the colour get into our hair?
Every hair follicle contains cells that are called melanocytes, these cells produce melanin. As the hair grows, the melanocytes inject the melanin pigments into your hair. As the hair grows out of the head it gets dyed with its natural hue. Over time our melanocytes produce less pigment causing our hair to lighten as we age.
The second culprit is hydrogen peroxide, the same stuff we use to bleach our hair with. We produce hydrogen peroxide naturally, however an enzyme that is called catalase breaks down the hydrogen peroxide and it keeps its concentration in check. However, when we get older, the follicle is not able to produce enough catalase, and therefore higher concentrations of hydrogen peroxide, the hydrogen peroxide then affects the melanocytes causing them to produce even less melanin.
Furthermore, as we age the production of homocysteine increases the production of hydrogen peroxide. Also, like catalase, glutathione Peroxidase breaks down the hydrogen peroxide, and as catalase it decreases with age.
What can you do against getting grey?
The most common approach to dealing with hair that is getting grey is dyeing it. Dyeing the hair simply coats the hair but doesn’t alter the structure and it's a tempory fix.
Now that we understand how greying of the hair works, we can control it in the following ways:
- Increase Melanin Production
- Increase Catalase (which breaks down hydrogen peroxide)
- Increase Glutathinione Peroxidase (which also breaks down hydrogen peroxide)
- Decrease Homocystein (which produces the hydrogen peroxide)
The Neofollics Anti-Grey Tablets contain exactly the optimal ingredients and dosage that work on these mechanisms. Resulting in an effective treatment!
- The Neofollics Tablets increase the melanin production by containing: Quercetin, Copper and L-Tyrosine promote the production of melanin.
- Our anti-grey tablets directly supplement the body with catalase, therefore providing the body with enough catalase to break down the hydrogen peroxide.
- Our tablets contain Selenium, which increases the Glutathione Peroxidase.
- Lastly, the Neofollics Anti-Grey tablets contain Folic Acid and Vitamin B12, which lowers Homocystein (which produces the hydrogen peroxide).
In short, the Neofollics Anti-Grey Tablets combat greying hair in two ways: It increases the production of Melanin (which gives our hair its colour) and combats the production of hydrogen peroxide (which turns our hair more grey).